Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In a word: fabulous. Our modern, low-profile design and premium front trim integrate elegantly into your roof. It’s a look that never goes out of style
Solar panels capture the sun’s energy, channel it through discreetly placed wires to an inverter, where it’s converted to electricity to power your home appliances. When your solar power system produces more power than you need, it stores the excess power to your battery bank for night time use or when the sun is unavailable.
One of the most common questions is how many solar panels does it take to power a house? The answer is different for every home. To get a rough idea of how many solar panels power a house, consider the following:
- Your household energy consumption: The more energy your house uses, the more solar panels you will need. Think about how often you run the air conditioner when it gets hot, or how often you use the washing machine for laundry. Other contributing factors include your type of light bulbs, having energy-efficient appliances and being diligent about turning the light off when leaving the room. We can use your existing energy bills from the past year to average monthly kWh usage.
- Where you live: Another variable is the amount of sun exposure that an area receives over time. Thankfully, Ghana has enough sunlight to produce up to 90% of our energy demand during daytime from solar power. A free gift from nature.
- How much you want to spend: At Tino Solutions, we believe solar energy is an investment for your future. Tino Solutions not only offers high-quality solar panels, Inverters, batteries and charge controllers but we also have the right men and women with the right skills and training to guide you start small with a hybrid solar system and upgrade to off-grid status in the future.
It’s big: No noise, No pollution, green and sustainable power without negative effect on the environment. You can save future generations with your decision to invest in solar energy today.
We take 1-2days for 1-10kw systems and 3-10days for systems above 10kw.
We understand. You might not stay in your current home for the next 25 years. And that’s okay. If you want to move, we’ll be there to help relocate your solar system to your new home at minimum fee.
The amount of electricity a solar panel produces is not only proportional to the sun’s intensity, but also depends on three factors: solar cell efficiency, solar panel size and the amount of sunlight directly hitting the panel. Your Tino Solutions energy consultant will work with you to decide how much energy you are using and map the solar installation to meet those needs.
Each solar panel should have a number listed on the back identifying how much power will be made during peak conditions, also known as a max power rating. All solar panels are rated by the DC power produced in standard test conditions. Our typical solar panel produces about 260 watts of electricity based on the efficiency and size of what’s installed. For example, if you have 21 panels installed, you may have an output of about 5.46 kilowatt hours (kWh)
We are a full service solar company.
We are one of the leading solar power providers in Ghana, with over 500 happy customers across the country.
We do everything in-house.
- We want everything to go right on every solar energy installation. That’s why we only hire and train the best in the business. We take care of every aspect of your project ourselves including sizing, design, supply and installation. That means that you’ll only have one team and one number to call if you have any questions before, during or after your installation.
- We have been duly licensed by the Energy Commission of Ghana to design and install solar systems for residential and commercial users in the Country.
- We use only professional products from the world leading brands like Victron Energy of the Netherlands, Fronius of Austria and Jinko solar of South Africa for our installations. Value for money is our watch word. Your solar system should pay for itself in 5years at most.
- 10years warranty on solar panels, 5years warranty on our inverters, charge controllers and monitoring systems, 2years warranty on Batteries.
- Our 24/7 system monitoring solution helps ensure your system is running smoothly.
Yes. Tino is ever willing to upgrade customers who have already invested in inverter backup systems to full solar systems by addition of solar panels and a charge controller/s. We will assess your installed system and advise you accordingly, the number of solar panels needed and size of the charge controller to fit.
Solar power costs less than traditional power from the utility company. Ask if solar panels are worth it, the increasing cost for electricity is inevitable and the time to explore clean, renewable solar energy is now. A good solar system should last 25years. A well sized and installed solar system should pay for itself in 5years. 20years life of the solar system is free energy. When electricity rates associated with fossil fuels – oil, hydro and natural gas – inevitably go up, the solar power savings increase too.
For customers who are able to invest and buy a solar energy system outright, there may be no bills at all.
How much money you save will depend on the size of your solar energy system, household electricity usage. Our highly trained solar energy sales advisers will complete a thorough free power audit of your energy needs and goals to be sure you’re getting the right solar panel system.
A solar panel typically lasts approximately 25 years. During that time, most systems require little to no maintenance beyond removing dust and cleaning off debris. In general, the life of solar panels depends on the quality of the solar panel technology used, including the photovoltaics (PV), and the quality of the overall installation.
Annually, solar panels lose close to half a percent in overall performance. After 25 years of operation, high-quality solar panels will still be operating at almost 90 percent efficiency. The
modules we install on homes and businesses are efficient, lightweight and aesthetically pleasing.
How can Tino solutions help?
To discover what makes Tino stand out, just ask the hundreds of our customers that are currently enjoying their solar energy systems. They will tell you that we are the best in the business. Everyone on our team — from our sales consultants to our installation crews — demonstrates a professional, courteous attitude. We handle all of the details of your project, from the design to installation.
Another reason why so many customers choose Tino is our intelligent color control GX solar monitoring system that ensures your system runs smoothly, alerting us if problems arise. When you switch your system on, our colourful solar monitoring screen (optional) will show
your energy production, consumption and storage in real-time, Thanks to the victron energy CCGX technology.
You can even monitor your solar system remotely on your smart phone, tablet or computer via the internet. Watch your ECG savings with the dedicated AC ignore feature, showing you off-grid status during daytime when the sun is available. we are on-call to handle any maintenance issues as quickly as possible. Call Tino today and join the hundreds of happy customers who have made the switch to cleaner, more affordable and sustainable energy.